Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The real reason I quit music

I have too many friends that are musically talented.

There's Mr. Professional Composer Marius "Dickhead" Masalar himself. I will speak no more of him because his ego is doing just fine.

Axon is really good at piano and majoring in such; I guess it's all part of being in a music family.

Mike is godly on sax and then he just decides to quit for no reason.

Dan is dece, I think he's sax RCM 8; he's complained about losing auditions to people crappier than him because school bands tend to favor music majors. I envy his Super Action mostly.

I guess Crobert is pretty good at guitar, but not like Matt Tsang, who is Pretty Good at guitar.

And as much as I hate Kaiser, I was impressed with the diverse number of Not Easy¹ instruments he managed to pick up².

Justin is okay³, I'm giving a shout out to him just because bassoons are hilarious and amazing.

I'm not going to bother counting the number of people that finished Royal Conservatory on piano because among my Asian homies, that's not even an impressive metric anymore.

FFS, even Anya is RCM 9 piano and she's not exactly what I think of as musically inclined. Plus Serbian handicap etc etc.

At least with visual art I only have to compete with people that kick my ass on the internet.

In other news, if I found out Eeshan played Civ4 on Deity, I would've quit the game forever. Right there. Good thing he apparently sucks and doesn't know how anything works.

Or bad thing, I don't know.

1. {Sax, Piano, Flute} ⊂ "Easy"; {Violin, French Horn, Trumpet} ⊂ "¬Easy"
2. Competently AKA not half-assed AKA not like me
3. AFAIK reached level cap with RCM on piano, but bassoons are so much more interesting because if you ever picked up a bassoon you'd understand that none of the finger mappings make any sense. At all.


1 comment:

drobe said...

I play Alpha Centauri on transcend and MOO2 on impossible. Sorry, but I think I've claimed the 4X domain.