Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Can I still call it racism if it's Chinese on Chinese?

Like, people in Hong Kong really hate Mainlanders.

I would be out with one of my local friends and we would pass by a homeless person,

"that guy's from the mainland, a Hong Kong person wouldn't be out like that!"

What the fuck? Just because of that? How can you make assertions like that?

Or another one, "sorry I'm late, there were some Mainlanders walking really slowly, it's always the Mainlanders that are blocking my way"

I know a lot of times I kid that brown people are like this or asian people are like that but I've never been like oh I bet a black person committed that crime or god I hate Jews I wish they'd all just get out of this country.

Okay I've probably said something like that about Jews before. But I was totally joking.

For the record no black person has ever complained when I make jokes about watermelon and fried chicken. They'd be all like, "hells yeah, fried chicken is delicious, there's something wrong with you if you don't like fried chicken".

I think they're more offended by bigger things. Like getting shot by the police.

No comments: