Sunday, November 26, 2006

Caught my eye...

Television commercials, the bane of many TV viewers, yet at the same time a form of art.

One that caught my eye was the Lexus commercial. Amid the roaring advertisements for trucks and SUVs making loud noises and tearing up mountain sides, it really stands out. It would've convinced me if I weren't so bent on Volkswagen (just for the sheer awesomeness of their factory in Dresden).

Also, the new recruiting commercials for the Canadian Armed Forces are pretty cool. Stark, simple and gets the message across. I like how the tone changed from "join the army for fun filled adventures!" to "you can make a difference--do something". I guess they realized anyone who would go to the army for adventures amid the current Mid-East quagmire is nuts anyways.

Remember those old iPod commercials? Of course you do. They've kicked it up a notch with some colour now. Which makes them absolutely fascinating to watch--in a high on LSD kind of way.

On a different note, the Lakota commercials have apparently been voted as the worst commercials on TV. They are pretty terrible, it's not even a real native!

No comments: