Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I've decided that I like my horn

No it's not pro like Mike's alto, it's just a student-level Conn.

But I know how to make it sing. I once tried a Yamaha from the school, I could not get a tone I liked from it.

V16s are nice reeds, they need to warm up before performing but they give a nice bright sound. Unlike the Ricos, which I can pretty much just play out of the box.

Now I just need to actually start practicing again.

Speaking of instruments, I find Crobert's guitar fascinating. It's like a Les Paul, but...not? Also, the black with gold trim and inlaid mother of pearl is gorgeous.

edit: It's an Edwards LP Custom, I don't know if that means it's a modified from a Gibson LP or an imitation. I told him he should find a red one with an antenna.

No comments: