Monday, March 03, 2008

Am I the only person who hates negative numbers?

It just feels so uncomfortable leading with a negative sign.

Also, I hate even numbers except ones divisible by 10 and numbers that end in 7. A number like 21 just doesn't feel like it has closure, whereas 45 feels nice and complete.

I also hate inexact numbers. I like to keep things as roots and fractions. You can imagine trigonometry driving me crazy, except for right angle triangles with angles divisible by 15, because then an exact answer can be easily found.

Actually that's not true, I'm fine with pi and e because you can express them as exact values.

60 is such a nice number, it's divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6; I think it's my favourite.

Whoever invented gradians is retarded, 400 isn't divisible by anything except products of 2 and 5.

No comments: