Friday, March 07, 2008

Everything seems moves faster late at night

I went to sleep 3 hours ago.

Then I woke up with the strangest desire to dodge glowing bullets.

Then I realized that I really suck at it right now. So here I am, maeking poast.

One thing I've never mentioned before is that you get points for grazing in the game--that is, having bullets pass through your sprite without touching your hit box. In addition, the character theoretically most useful for scoring has attacks that are extremely difficult to control. In other words, the game rewards you for going out of your way to do dangerous things and surviving.

It doesn't seem to be a good philosophy for living life in general.

edit: Haha, my graze counter was over 500 at the end of the first stage on Lunatic without even trying. That is the number of bullets that almost killed me but didn't.

No comments: