Monday, February 18, 2008

Like an ex-smoker drawn to the fumes of a lit cigarette

I thought I quit Magic a long time ago.

I didn't care much for Kamigawa (obligatory comment on CoK and SaK), Ravnica or Lorwyn, though I know Kamigawa brought Kaiser back in briefly. Just because it's Japanese. *Roll eyes*

Then I found out about Cold Snap. Oh my god! Snow-covered lands! I never thought I'd see their glorious return!

It gets worse, then I find out about Time Spiral. The entire block is a tribute to the halcyon days of Magic. They brought back Kobolds! Kobolds!

Not to mention the return of old characters like Teferi and Freyalise. Sadly, they return only to be killed off. On a tangential note, Teferi must have had the worst planeswalker activation ever. He was trapped in a Tolarian time stream and set on fire for 40 years before he sparked. It only took Urza a split second during an explosion to do the same.

How can you say no to art like this?


Also, Akroma, Angel of Fury? Yes.

They brought back flanking! If they brought back Banding too, I would have serious difficulty controlling my money expenditure. Just because the idea of a banding deck is marvelous.

No comments: